Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lions and Tigers and Hedgehogs... oh my!



Aaaannndddd, here I am! Posting again, sans-baby. I'm a big liar. But, I'm also a big liar with lots of time to burn while waiting for the tummy monkey's arrival; so I'm treating you all to another blog entry!

Anyhow, yesterday, after posting my last entry, I finished up my animal paintings, and today I got them hung up on the wall of the baby's room. So, I thought I'd share them with you now. The basic idea was that I asked each of the soon-to-be grandparents, aunts and uncles what there favorite animals were. And, then did a painting for each one.

Here they are, hanging above the changing table.

A closer picture. It's the first time I've painted in years, but I still think they turned out OK.

And, here's a picture of the whole room, so you can get a sense of the layout. If you want to see some more pictures of the baby's room, you can check them out here.

Finally, as you can probably guess (since I'm posting this), the baby has yet to arrive. But, we did take a picture of Sarah at 40 weeks!



...also featured in this picture is Buttercup, who is fighting a bit of a stomach bug. Gross! But, we are hoping that Buttercups sickness is a good sign because -from my car being stolen right before our trip to Jamaica to Sarah's mom breaking her arm on our wedding day- it seems like each good thing that happens to us seems to be preluded by an unfortunate curve-ball. So, here's hoping the sick kitty is a sign of the baby arriving soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The animals are a lovely idea! They look great!

I am holding a nursery pictures contest on my site until Jan 2009. Come over and enter!

Enter here

All entrants will get their very own page for their nursery on my site and the winner will receive a $75 gift certificate from PinkTaffyDesigns and the room will be featured on my home page.

It's such a lovely room - I'm sure my readers would love to see it!