Monday, March 16, 2009

Now and Then: A matter of perspective



First off, I feel like I should apologize since I've been absent from this blog for the better part of a month. With starting my new business, I am actually in front of the computer more than ever these days. But, at the same time, it leaves me in this weird situation where -when I am sitting at the computer- I feel like I should be either on-task (adding to my portfolio, tracking down clients) or really, really off-task (I'm looking at you, Comic Book Message Boards). So, that rarely leaves me in a situation where I feel like I should be doing something sort of on-task... or at least on-task for life, if not professionally.

That said, earlier today, I finally got around to doing something I meant to do quite a while ago: Uploading the photos our friend Breanne took of us. Breanne's been doing professional photography for a while now, so when she offered to come over and take some pictures of Sarah when she was pregnant, we jumped at the opportunity. Then, again, a couple months after Stella's birth, she came by to take some pictures. Sort of a "before" and "after" sort of thing.

Anyhow, you can now see a selection of the photos she took here. Enjoy Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents and Great-Grandparents!

Sarah actually posted a selection of the Stella pictures in the second half of this entry, so I won't bother posting more in this entry... well, except maybe this one...


(When she gets older, Stella is going to hate that I'm posting this picture.)

...but I will post a couple of the pregnancy pictures here, just because I love the lighting that Breanne captured, plus it's amazing to look back at pictures of Sarah in the final month of pregnancy. It's crazy how things have changed.



Anyhow, be sure to check out the whole set.

Also, finally, I thought I'd post one more picture. Not because its going to win any photography awards, but instead because I love what it represents.


Sarah took this photo last Friday while I was downstairs working. When I saw it later that day, it made me smile. I love watching the two of them together, and it makes me so happy that they share such a wonderful bond with each other. It's hard to put into words why it makes me so happy. I've literally tried to type it out a half dozen times now, but then gone back and deleted the sentence because its not quite right. So, let's see if I can break it down...

I love Sarah and my relationship to her, and I love Stella and my relationship to her. This photo is evidence of their love and relationship to each other, which is something I might see ever day, but not always notice because I'm there with them. Seeing this photo of them, without me there, reminds me of their relationship to each other. It's sort of physical proof of the love that -from my perspective- makes up the far side of our little family circle. And that's one of the most important things in the world to me. It makes me so happy that they make each other so happy

Anyhow, I think I still sort of botched-up and confused what I meant to say. But, oh well. If nothing else, its a cute photo of my girls hanging out together and it makes me smile.

No comments: