Saturday, January 30, 2010

Solo Stella



OK, so its true that I can't type. And, it's also true that my English skills are pretty much limited to the all inclusive "ghee" and the occasional "mama" and "dada." But, I still thought this would be a good time to make my first appearance as a contributor at Strange and Benevolent.

Because, while most of my adventures also involve my Mommy and Daddy (who can report them here), occasionally I have adventures that they aren't involved in. Most of the time, if I'm not hanging out with the Parental Units, I'm hanging out with my good friends Tirza and Natalie.

That's Natalie on the left, and her mommy, Tirza, holding me.

A couple of times a week, Tirza and Natalie come to visit while my mom is away at work, so that my dad can go sit in the basement. Rumour has it he's working too... but I often hear bad punk rock music coming from downstairs, so I'm suspect of this theory. Regardless, three or four times a week, I get to hang out with Tirza and Natalie. Sometimes, they come right after my morning nap, and other times they come right before my afternoon nap. Either way, it's always a good time!

Tirza is Natalie's mommy, and they are both fun! We are always listening to music about cows, chasing each other around the couch or playing games like "I see you!" Natalie calls me "Adi," which is Indonesian for "sister." And, its been fun having someone to look up to and learn Baby Skills™ from.

Usually, we just hang out around the house. But, sometimes I go with Tirza, Natalie and Tirza's husband, Allen, to run errands around town. When that happens, they usually take me out to breakfast too (pancakes!), and maybe to someplace fun like the pet store, a play area or the Rain Forest Cafe (to see the robot animals). The day these photos were taken, we went to the Aquarium.

By the way, scuba divers = scary!

I love Tirza and Natalie! I'm always excited to see their blue car pull up in front of their house. And, I'm always sad when it's time for them to leave. In fact, I might be giving daddy a complex by crying and clinging to Tirza whenever it comes time to leave.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so proud that Stella not only likes sweet chili sauce but that she obviously likes Indian food since she's already saying ghee. I can tell she’s going to be a foodie. :)

Very cool she's now reporting on her own.

ambika said...

This totally made me grin.